No announcement yet.

Club Scales Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can take the responsibility of being in charge of them if the club wants too. However I don't see it being beneficial to anyone at a point event since there are not enough time/ man power to set them up, push the cars on the scales and ETC. C
    Chaisit T aka C the gangster
    Novice CO-CHIEF
    SM 5 Evo VIII

Comment

Scales at an event are nice if you just want to know how much your car weighs, but to corner balance the car properly takes a level surface and a couple of hours of tweaking adjustments to get it right. I believe Delanie was looking to rent/borrow them to balance up his car. May I suggest we put a time limit on the use of the scales? 2-3 days, then they get returned to the scale-keeper. That will give one time to do the job right and not have them sitting in someones garage for months at a time where they get forgotten.
      John W8
      CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Originally posted by JohnW8 View Post
        Scales at an event are nice if you just want to know how much your car weighs, but to corner balance the car properly takes a level surface and a couple of hours of tweaking adjustments to get it right. I believe Delanie was looking to rent/borrow them to balance up his car. May I suggest we put a time limit on the use of the scales? 2-3 days, then they get returned to the scale-keeper. That will give one time to do the job right and not have them sitting in someones garage for months at a time where they get forgotten.

Yes, I can see that. We will have to assign someone stationary at the scales tho, to help push the cars up on the ramp and make sure it being properly used. Ill contact Delanie and see if he needs it before this weekend.

C
        Chaisit T aka C the gangster
        Novice CO-CHIEF
        SM 5 Evo VIII

Comment

This weekend looks potentially wet. I wouldn't bother with setting them up.
          John W8
          CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Originally posted by JohnW8 View Post
            Did a process ever get worked out to rent/borrow the scales? I have new shocks on the way (back ordered right now) and would like to set the car up right when they arrive.
            Steve Saunders
            '18 BMW M2
            BS 72

Comment

Yes. C is the official keeper of the scales and manages their use. If a member would like to use them they need to contact him.
              Rod H
              Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

I currently have the scales. Finished with them over the weekend but will be out of town this weekend. I'll try to get them back up in the b-ham area sometime after that.

Edit: They also have brand new batteries in all locations as when I got them the unit was flashing saying everything needed new batteries. So I replaced the old Energizers with some new Duracells.
                Last edited by jledford; 01-31-2017, 10:31 AM.
                - Jerry Ledford
                '16 Ram 2500 Big Horn - daily driver / tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by jledford View Post
                  Edit: They also have brand new batteries in all locations as when I got them the unit was flashing saying everything needed new batteries. So I replaced the old Energizers with some new Duracells.
                  This is the kind of person we like to loan them out to. Someone that takes care of things.

Thanks, Jerry!
                  Nick Stone

Comment

Jerry, please return them to C when you get a chance. We want them handled through him and not passed from member to member. Thanks!
                    Rod H

Comment

Originally posted by rodhx View Post
                      Jerry, please return them to C when you get a chance. We want them handled through him and not passed from member to member. Thanks!
                      Will do, already texted him about returning them!
                      - Jerry Ledford
                      '16 Ram 2500 Big Horn - daily driver / tow vehicle

Comment

perfect!
                        Rod H

Comment

Working...
                        X