Club Scales Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Scales Location

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the club's scales?
    Delanie Calhoun
    '90 Spec Miata
    '13 Ford Focus ST

I believe they are currently at Element Garage. Or possibly with Mark Kilgore. My money is still on Element.
    Nick Stone

Comment

We will not be loaning the scales out. Myself, John Kilgore, Cholewa, or C are the only ones that will be allowed to set up the scales. I know this seems like a really harsh and ridiculous thing to do, but it's an expensive system and we want them to last a long time. But since there are 4 of us, we should be able to make it easy to accommodate most everyone!!!
      Just a reminder from the old thread in "Services Offered". The names have certainly changed but we do not casually loan out the scales. Anyone interested in having the scales available at an autocross or some other event should contact C (or possibly Darryl Engle).
      Rod H
      Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

I knew this day would come. Yes Rod, the club actually has been loaning out the scales, with permission, of course. While there's nothing wrong with loaning the scales out to club members for their use, there is something very wrong with not being responsible and RETURNING them to their proper location in the truck/trailer when you're done. It couldn't hurt to have someone in charge of the equipment and keep records of who signs them out. Maybe get a damage deposit.
        John W8
        CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

I asked about them before last year's TnT and didn't really get an answer.

Originally posted by DelanieC View Post
          I can help with registration.

Would it be possible to have the scales available like at the 2013 test n tune?
          Delanie Calhoun
          '90 Spec Miata
          '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

I have no idea what day W8 knew would come...

Note what I typed. "Casually" means, to my knowledge, we have not loaned them out to just anyone who asked. I can't speak to the limit at which the folks originally charged with their keeping may or may not have failed to keep their own rules.

I don't disagree that we could make them more available, but we need someone to be responsible and, in my opinion, a signed agreement by any user to make the club whole in case they damage the equipment.

I do disagree that any user should return them to the truck, but simply because I do not believe the gate combo and truck key location need to be made any more public than they already are. Again, a responsible "keeper of the scales" is needed to maintain control of them.

I don't know why the Keepers of the Scales didn't respond to Delanie's forum post last year. Perhaps asking the two remaining ones directly would have worked...idk
            Rod H

Comment

I did not get them from C back in early Jan. I had planned to but I did not. To the best of my knowledge he still has them.
              Darryl E.
              Blue Miata with ricer stickers.
              Wizzer Motorsports

Comment

Does anyone know? So far they could be with Mark, C, Darryl, Element Garage, AlanB or Russom. We have a valuable piece of equipment that should be available for club members missing and no one is quite sure who had them last. I know we can't have universal open access to the truck and trailer but the scales need to be returned so they can be available for others to use.
                John W8
                CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

I would like to use them to on red. What about a corner weight Saturday for members?

Comment

Just got with Alan. They left his possession to head for C's.
                    Roger in Auburn
                    Yes, I HAVE to drive it home...

Comment

It was my understanding that they're supposed to be rented to members only. I've always paid $20 when I've borrowed them, or most recently I "rented" them for the price of new locks for everything.

Comment

I do not have them but I generally was the one who did keep track of them. Obviously that has not been as thorough as of lately, but to my knowledge C was the last to use them shortly before the autox Test'n'tune.

It would be very beneficial for the next person who is the "gate keeper" to keep a log of who last used them so that when contacted they can quickly reply when someone wants to inquire about them.
                        Last edited by e30Racer; 03-10-2016, 01:19 AM.
                        Mark K
                        1989 BMW 325i
                        1990 BMW 325i
                        2013 BMW 135i

Comment

Originally posted by DelanieC View Post
                          Does anyone know the whereabouts of the club's scales?
                          Just spoke with C, and he has them.
                          Nick Stone

Comment

Yes, It is currently at my house. I'll make it available and can bring them with me this Sunday. In the past, I had to get them from the Kilgore's. But now since they both have step down I was holding on to them until further notice since I was one of the original people mentioned above by Rod ( and the only one left that's still active). Should be one of the topic of discussion at next BOD meetings. C
                            Chaisit T aka C the gangster
                            Novice CO-CHIEF
                            SM 5 Evo VIII

Comment

Originally posted by c-evoVIII View Post
                              Should be one of the topic of discussion at next BOD meetings. C
                              It will likely be a topic at next Tuesday's meeting, but the need is for someone to take "official" responsibility and the BOD isn't going to just draft somebody. At the moment that person is you by default since you're the last active guy from the original four, but I don't know if you want to continue in that role.

BTW, if you bring them Sunday does that mean you'll stay with them while they are set up? I don't envision leaving them out unsupervised.
                              Rod H

Comment

Working...
                              X