2019 Time trial event at TGPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnW8 View Post
    What are you missing/needing to be Safety Level 2 compliant?
    Roll bar, fire suppression, arm restraints/window net, and driver suit. Basically all of it!
    Nick Stone

Comment

Why do you even need it...the gutted interior?
      Rod H
      Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rodhx View Post
        Why do you even need it...the gutted interior?
        Yes, apparently the rules now say that a bare metal car is a race car, and race car needs race car safety. I don't necessarily disagree, but I thought the whole point of these new TT rules were to lower the barrier of entry to people who did stupid things to their cars as dumb teenagers.

Since it has none of the interior left, the car is classed in the Unlimited category even though it's still registered and insured where I can drive it on the street.
        Nick Stone

Comment

Originally posted by nicktcr View Post
          Yes, apparently the rules now say that a bare metal car is a race car, and race car needs race car safety. I don't necessarily disagree, but I thought the whole point of these new TT rules were to lower the barrier of entry to people who did stupid things to their cars as dumb teenagers.

Since it has none of the interior left, the car is classed in the Unlimited category even though it's still registered and insured where I can drive it on the street.
          #FunWithCars
          Delanie Calhoun
          '90 Spec Miata
          '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

It is very similar to the Solo rules in restricting weight savings through gutting the interior. Even in Sport category gutting is allowed if you have the safety equipment. Cars do need to have the dash in place I believe. I was looking at this Sunday night in regard to Matt Ford's caged Mini.
            Rod H

Comment

Hey where are you guys staying? Do we need to be there Friday night, or Can I just run up early Saturday?

I was gonna grab a hotel room or something. Anyone staying in TALLY or is Oxford a better area?
              06 MX-5 CS grey #9
              STRAWHAT RACING

Comment

Oxford is much better and has a cluster of hotels very close together which is where most folks stay. I highly suggest coming in Friday night for registration and tech. Time is really short Saturday morning.
                Rod H

Comment

Do no forgetta we needs the workers!
                  We will need someone in S/F, Turn 2, the action packed horseshoe, Turn 6 , and grid.
                  Tech would be nice since Rich is taking care of his wife.
                  I am the old SS but with my current "3 teens now live with me/wife situation" it might be wise that we get moar TT SS's trained.
                  Mark Rothermel
                  SEDIV Time Trial Safety
                  Tennessee Valley Region beat dahn old guy

Comment

TGPR time trial event

I got an email from Steve Conrad that this event has been cancelled due to lack of entrants and workers.
                    John W8
                    CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

That’s a huge bummer!!!!
                      Ritamarie Thomason - 13 DSP
                      1996 Mazda Miata (white/red)

Comment

Originally posted by bamamedic View Post
                        That’s a huge bummer!!!!
                        Yes, it is. The low turnout means taking the hit keeps us from losing much more $$$ after the event. But even then we had nowhere near enough workers to hold the event, especially in a few critical spots.
                        Rod H

Comment

Working...
                        X