Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Time trial event at TGPR

https://teamtac.org/e107/e107_plugin...pic.php?116171

There is a Time Trial event October 4-6 at TGPR. Clayton Pannell is the Time Trial Chairman and needs assistance in getting the event started. If anyone else is available to consult with Clayton and give advice, please send him a note to get together.

This event is planned to be run under the new national rules with SE Division classes included. So you can run the event as a Novice with your track car/autocross as an example. (Convertibles will likely be require to have some sort of rollover protection.) It's never been easier to get involved in Time Trials. Information on the program is on the SCCA website.
    Haggerty will also insure your car on track for the weekend!
    John W8
    CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Also, Larry Nichols is the ALSCCA Time Trial chair and on the team for this event.
    Rod H
    Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

Here's the link to the new National Time Trial rules.

http://www.sccahq.com/time-trials-rules/

Here you can find what class your street/autox/track car would be eligible to run in.

For example; My racecar, an ITA Miata would run in Max3 as long as I put 200TW street tires on it. If I run chose to run Hoosiers, I'd be in Unlimited 2. If not for my spherical bearings in my suspension I could run in Tuner 5. Many options!

This event should be fun and a great couple of days at the track.
      John W8
      CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

I agree John. I'm looking forward to running in S4 under the TT Nats rules. It's going to be good to participate again!
        Rod H

Comment

Looks like I'll be running M2. Looking forward to turning some timed laps!
          Nick Stone

Comment

Looks like my supercharged NB lands in Max3. Who wants to bet that John will still be faster...?
            2001 Green Miata
            2007 Black Miata
            29 XSB
            I part out Miatas @ theMiataFix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Hall View Post
              Looks like my supercharged NB lands in Max3. Who wants to bet that John will still be faster...?
              I dunno man, I ain't got no boost buggy like you.
              John W8
              CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

I'll probably come play in T5 with my STR NB.
                Will transponders be rented?

Comment

Originally posted by 256Chilipepper View Post
                  I'll probably come play in T5 with my STR NB.
                  Will transponders be rented?
                  Details will come out closer to the event. If enough folks need transponders to at least make the minimum order we will likely arrange them. Otherwise we'll let you know where to get them yourself.

There are three of us in this thread already that will need rental transponders so my guess is we'll meet the minimum order.
                  Rod H

Comment

Any idea when registration will be open? Really looking forward to it. Would like to have an instructor again if possible. Thank You. KDS

P.S. Please advise for Xponder list also.
                    Last edited by RTRHED; 07-17-2019, 11:38 AM. Reason: Forgot

Comment

Really looking forward to signing up. Just gonna stick with S6 class this time around.

I do need a transponder. but the SCCA time trials website is dead. it's all look but dont touch, I can't sign up for anything.
                      06 MX-5 CS grey #9
                      STRAWHAT RACING

Comment

Registration is open: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ay-scca-763364

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/516192852288916/?ti=cl
                        Delanie Calhoun
                        '90 Spec Miata
                        '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Registered for Sunday! Looks like a small group so far, but I'm sure there will be a need for workers. There always is.

Come out and volunteer at this event and earn the respect and admiration of your track friends.
                          John W8
                          CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Looks like there have been some modifications to the rules since I last read them, and now I don't think I'll be able to run as my car does not meet Safety Level 2 requirements. Bummer.
                            Nick Stone

Comment

Originally posted by nicktcr View Post
                              Looks like there have been some modifications to the rules since I last read them, and now I don't think I'll be able to run as my car does not meet Safety Level 2 requirements. Bummer.
                              What are you missing/needing to be Safety Level 2 compliant?
                              John W8
                              CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Working...
                              X