Volunteers need for the GreenPower Gran Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteers need for the GreenPower Gran Prix

The GreenPower USA Foundation https://greenpowerusa.net/ asked ALSCCA to provide 11 volunteers for flagging and communications for their national championship event at Talladega Motor Speedway on May 21st. Their initial plan is to run five 90 minute enduros. Like us, they are an non-profit, so a small stipend is offered to help defer gas expense. Lunch is provided. The event will run rain or shine on a temporary road course in the Talladega infield using existing roads and parking aprons.
    ALSCCA is in the process of having this event sanctioned as non-SCCA event support.

The good news:
    It should be a fun day watching middle and high school student race electric cars they built.
    We will consider car pooling from exit 140 (Leeds) on I-20.

The bad news:
    I don't yet have a schedule and it will be May 17 before I can gather all of the details. Feel free to check their website for more details.
    There are no covered turn stations, you will be in the sun or getting wet for about 8 hours.
    No decision has been made about participation of minors.
    I don't know if spectators are allowed
    Rest breaks between the races will be very short. You can bring a chair, but can't sit during the actual race.

When I get additional information, I will share it. I will be out of the country from May 1 through May 14, so don't expect a quick response.

Priority will be given to ALSCCA members who volunteer. I already have two volunteers, need nine more. Respond below please.

Tschuss!
    Jim
    re@alscca.net
    Jim Farris
    HS Blue 1956 Triumph TR3
    DS Blue 2013 Mini Cooper S Bayswater Ed
Working...
X