Solostorm / Fire 8 bluetooth issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solostorm / Fire 8 bluetooth issues

Hopefully this is the correct forum to put this but I'm trying to get SoloStorm running again. My old setup was a Samsung Tab 4 and when I went to set everything back up the tablet is too old and cannot be updated to run everything I need. Based on a long thread on another board I went with a Fire 8 HD Plus and have installed all Google Play Store, Google APKs, etc. on it so that I could load SoloStorm. I was able to do this an load SoloStorm with no issues.

The issue I'm having now is that the tablet cannot find the GPS or OBD tool after pairing.

I can pair my QStarz GPS and OBD MX via Bluetooth and set them up in SoloStorm, but once I try to use SoloStorm the tablet will not reconnect to the devices. Has anyone had this issue on any sort of Android based tablet?

I've done all of the reset/reconnect functions that are available and every time I'm able to initially pair the device via Bluetooth but once trying to actually connect and run it will never reconnect to either Bluetooth device. The devices are listed as previously paired but even going in and trying to manual press the "connect" button it will not work.
    - Jerry Ledford
    '16 Ram 2500 Big Horn - daily driver / tow vehicle

I've had an issue at times with my OBD2 tool losing connection with my android phone, but it usually just needs pairing again when that happens, and all will be fine again.
    However, I don't use solostorm, so I'm not sure if that's going to be a helpful response if your issue is involving solostorm.

Several local guys run solostorm on a tablet and maybe they can be of more help.
    Nick Lindsay
    16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
    06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
    22 Hyundai Veloster N (Sometimes)
    (Your car here?)

If at first you don't succeed, you probably put it in the ditch.

Comment

Working...
    X