How wide is too wide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How wide is too wide

What is the widest wheel you would want in the front. I know with the new car I can run 10.5 with 295 tires in the rear but would it be smart to square it up and run the same up front?
    Sam Copeland
    Nissan 350Z BSP 2
    www.RedvsBlackRacing.com
    www.facebook.com/RedvsBlackRacing

How much room do you have? I've heard you put all you can in the space provided. When you run out of room you buy fender flares and a sawz-all
    John W8
    CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Originally posted by JohnW8 View Post
      How much room do you have? I've heard you put all you can in the space provided. When you run out of room you buy fender flares and a sawz-all
      I'll post that once I pick up the car and can measure it.
      Sam Copeland
      Nissan 350Z BSP 2
      www.RedvsBlackRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by SamC View Post
        I'll post that once I pick up the car and can measure it.
        What is this car? and what class?? Because that can limit your wheels n tires size, like for excample IF i were to run my STI in STU. I can only run 9" wide and 245 max. C
        Chaisit T aka C the gangster
        Novice CO-CHIEF
        SM 5 Evo VIII

Comment

Originally posted by c-evoVIII View Post
          What is this car? and what class?? Because that can limit your wheels n tires size, like for excample IF i were to run my STI in STU. I can only run 9" wide and 245 max. C
          Assuming everything works out this weekend...........2007 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast package, I'll be running BSP
          Sam Copeland
          Nissan 350Z BSP 2
          www.RedvsBlackRacing.com

Comment

My guess would be 18x10 with 285/35/18 A6's, but I really have no idea what has been successful on a 350.
            Casey Stallings
            caseystallings@live.com

It's all fun and games until someone loses an everything.

Comment

To ask my question more clearly, at what point is it no longer worth it. Money and performance wise. How much better are 10.5 vs 9.5? Is square better than staggered and to what degree is it better.
              Sam Copeland
              Nissan 350Z BSP 2
              www.RedvsBlackRacing.com

Comment

I would think square would always be better unless the cars handling/power characteristics dictate much wider in the back. Being able to rotate front to rear is a pretty big deal to me with A6s.
                Darryl E.
                Blue Miata with ricer stickers.
                Wizzer Motorsports

Comment

When your rotating mass negates the grip of the wider tires. Your best bet aside from testing is to look over results, see whos faster with what tire size, and check the weights of the different wheel/tire combos you want to run. The question is, which gets you more, weight savings (via smaller wheels/tires) for speed/accel or more grip from fatter tires.

And of course, what your budget allows.

I posed this question earlier and didn't get much of a response other than run what you can afford to run.
                  M. Cholewa

Because they heard I liked my name, so they put my name as my name so I could have my name in my name... all the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X