Checkered Flag for Jerry Vogel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkered Flag for Jerry Vogel

For all who knew him, Jerry Vogel passed away in his sleep last night. He beat cancer in his neck about 7 years ago. He was very strong in how he handled the chemo and radiation. A few years after that he started having brain bleeds and memory problems that would fade in and out. Jerry started in autocross in the later 90's in a 93 white miata. Justin Wilder bought it from Jerry and it is his DD. He loved Time Trials too, and his 1st event was Skelly, then later progressed on to Crow Mountain Hillclimbs. His favorite place was Talladega Gran Prix and I'm sure many of you can remember good times you had with him there. Please remember his wife Barb and his 2 stepsons, Mike and Chris in your prayers.

Oh no! It saddens me to read this. I knew he wasn't well but I hoped and prayed for him to recover. He was a funny guy and I enjoyed every time I got to talk to him. I think during the time he owned that white miata with the red hardtop, he never washed it. He probably never changed the oil either but he had fun with it. So sorry to read this.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnW8; 11-03-2017, 04:45 PM.
    John W8
    CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Funeral arrangements at 10:00 Wednesday at Leak Memory in Montgomery.

Comment

Rest in a Fast Race Car Jerry. This is a sad day for us all.
        Craig Farr
        Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

Working...
        X