Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you cone dodgers, road racers and dirt dobbers. I can't imagine what I would have done over these past few years if I hadn't stumbled upon and tried "AutoCross". I'm thankful I'm no longer 14 seconds behind the leaders in my class and thankful all the regions near us that allows me the necessary seat time to improve.

I am thankful for all the new friends I've made due to this stuff. Grateful for the opportunities to work flag stations, work express tech lines, get greasy fixing my own heap or helping folks fix theirs, co-driving better set up cars, design courses and run events in both autoX and Time trials and even serve on the board for a year. I'm even thankful for the chance to act as an instructor even though I don't feel qualified. You can learn stuff from the passenger seat sometimes while helping someone find the line.

I'm thankful to Bobby Bitterman for letting me borrow his trailer so much and the racing advise, though I never seem to use it.

The competition has been fun and addictive. From Brandon Davis, & Darryl Engle to Ted Openshaw, it's fun to be part of the competition or watching someone try it for the first time at 70 years old. We have a unique group of people here and I'm thankful for all of you.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and making another attempt to get past those dad-gum Harvey boys at the Dixie Tour. I think a wratchet strap around the porto-let at the right time might be a good strategy against Bill and Elliot.

All of you are special people and good friends and I am thankful to be in this place with you.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Be safe out there.
    John W8
    CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Love you Johnny even though I jab you about your miata courses LOL it's only because I love you. I don't joke with people I don't like

I'm first of all thankful for C$ …….so I have someone to beat in SM…. LOL I kid I kid.

I owe a lot of thanks to everyone at this region. I had no idea what autox even was 2 years ago. I had ran an 1/8th mile drag strip like 3 times and that was the extent of my competitive driving; that's it. I've learned everything I know about autox from all of you and felt very welcome. I make a 3.5hr round trip to race with you guys. There are 2 other regions much closer to me, but they're no AL region!

I love them "dern Tongsuvone's" Really feel like part of my family. C has taught me tonnnns about mechanical aspects of the car and setup. Met those folks once for about an hour then they invite me to stay in their home for a weekend so I could try to help (aka stay out of the way) when C was doing my clutch job. Reminds me.. Sara makes a meeeaaannn breakfast casserole lol. And she can drive that little boost buggy around the cones pretty darn fast. I've learned a lot from each of them on course. Again, never driven a car around a turn at speed ever, no idea what I was doing 2 years ago (still questionable).

Huge thanks to the Kilgore boys who are up early and stay late to make these events happen. Without you guys this stuff wouldn't be possible. Thanks for doing all you do for the club. I know a lot of that goes unnoticed, but it is greatly appreciated.

I enjoy the company of everyone at the events. It's a good mix of ideas, styles, just plain different people. But it all works and makes for a fun day at the lot.
    Heath Patterson
    "Look...both....It's like turbo." - C

Comment

Mine is simple, I'm thankful for my friends. I have many more than I deserve.
      Darryl E.
      Blue Miata with ricer stickers.
      Wizzer Motorsports

Comment

Can't add much to what John and Heath said so eloquently, except for this one thing. I took a year off from autocross and that showed me I missed the fun, camaraderie and competition. So back I came and it was like I never was absent, and for this I'm thankful.
        Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
        Mike
        PS: Ted and I want to establish a vintage class.

Comment

Originally posted by MWenning View Post
          PS: Ted and I want to establish a vintage class.

Well I hope to see you in a proper frog eye sprite but I have a feeling that's not what you meant by "vintage."

Darryl E.
          Blue Miata with ricer stickers.
          Wizzer Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by engled View Post
            Well I hope to see you in a proper frog eye sprite but I have a feeling that's not what you meant by "vintage."

Actually it is better.

Comment

I'm thankful when I can find a beer after a points event! As the saying goes,
              'Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.' - Stuff Benjamin Franklin Said (Probably). 2nd Edition.
              Seriously though. I'm thankful for all of you and for a great atmosphere we have in this club.

I was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs when I entered my first event, and if it weren't for the Tongsuvones being accessible for us noobs, and advice from Rod Hardiman, Josh Bassett, and Mike Cholewa, I might have said to myself by the end of this year, "you know what, I've got better things to do with my time, I'll never be able to compete..."

But nope. Thanks to you all and many others, I know that's not true! I'm going to continue to develop the car, and finding seat time where it doesn't conflict with family. I know I can always go faster.

Thank you all for making the ALSCCA what it is. An extremely fun and rewarding club to be in.
              Attached Files
              Charley D'Ambrose
              Boy I remember the first time I got shot out of a cannon!

'04 Pure White Mazda Miata - STR 77

Comment

I'm thankful to have people like the Kilgore brothers and others who handle the business of finding places I can safely flog my grocery getter. I feel I still have a long way to go as a driver, but getting faster will be a blast with the great group of people we have in our region. Thanks guys!
                Josh Bassett
                Black 1994 Miata
                CSP 49

Comment

Wow!! Thanks guy!!!s so much love for US "Dern Tongsuvone's"!!.

Happy Thanksgiving ( belated) to all of US, all the guys behind the scene who make it happen, and all of you who participate. Each and everyone of you make ALSCCA what it is, the friendships and competitions is what keep us around. And you guys are what keep the club going!!!!

I think that we are blessed to have such a great home region!!!! Hopefully next year we can represent our club at a few other regions and show them whats up!!!!

C$
                  Chaisit T aka C the gangster
                  Novice CO-CHIEF
                  SM 5 Evo VIII

Comment

Working...
                  X