Barber Time Trail 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barber Time Trail 2020

I'm going to open a dialect to discuss what is going on for the Alabama Covid National Championship Time Trial....
    Here is the registration link - you need register on motorsportsreg by setting up an account
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...-valley-918456

We have three groups - if you have a logbooked legal RR car pick between TTA and TTB (between full fendered an open wheel)

TTC is the new kid on the block - this group is for you basic transportation just like if you ran TNIA or your track days - this event you do need to make sure of some things - if you are a regular tin top you have gotten a green light if you have everything else like good tires/proper working condition/brakes and battery secured (just like in autocross). You are required to have a working transponder (rent from Trackside Tim 803-732-0937 he is scheduled to be at Barber on the first level by the tower) AND legible numbers and classes (for TT not Solo) For classing see https://timetrials.scca.com/
    Teching for the car is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY by getting the tech form under the NEED TO KNOW heading. The Link provided also has the Helmet requirements and other good info.
    Other info
    This event is understaffed - and anything you can do to be prepared well before the event and not ask questions Friday of the event will help out. We are ushering in the new TT era and have lost some of the mainstays that had us going back in the TGPR days - I am fading out kinda like Spiderman in Endgame and I have just told Tony Spark "I don't feel so good"....I'll let you figure out the rest..... and we need volunteers not only for the Barber race but for the future of TT in this area. I'll check in every so often but send me emails at m.rothermel@hotmail.com
    Mark Rothermel
    SEDIV Time Trial Safety
    Tennessee Valley Region beat dahn old guy

Almost forgot - TTC is having passing on the straights only - no Road Race cars are to be in this group unless the numbers are too small - Trackside Tim has about 18 transponders for rent.
    Mark Rothermel
    SEDIV Time Trial Safety

Comment

Originally posted by FVee90 View Post
      Almost forgot - TTC is having passing on the straights only - no Road Race cars are to be in this group unless the numbers are too small - Trackside Tim has about 18 transponders for rent.
      I think what we mean is "no RR drivers using TT as practice will be in this group". There's a very good chance we may have TT-only entrants in what would otherwise be RR-legal cars.
      Rod H
      Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

I think we need to be careful how we say this - A fendered RR car can be in TTA, open wheel in TTB - there are some past CSP 4 point Roll bar TT cars that I would have no problem in TTC. A full fledged RR car using TTC will need a review - Who are we talking about?
        Mark Rothermel
        SEDIV Time Trial Safety

Comment

No idea right now, but likely suspects could be me, John Waight, Delanie, etc. I assume W8 & Delanie will actually race though which would rule them out. I might very well bring a Champcar for TTC and I could see others doing something similar. Such folks shouldn't be automatically stuck in TTA when they are actually TT drivers no matter what car they are driving.

It's not the car that needs to be in TTA, it's the RR mindset and demonstrated refusal to follow the passing rules.
          Rod H
          Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

I have tried to register for TTC, but the website is not allowing me to register in TTC for a Prepped 1 TT National class entry. When I select TTC and Prepped 1, I get a note saying that I must select the "Wings and Things" TTB Group. I've sent a note to Wanda Cecil through MSR, but thought I would post a note here too.

Looking forward to the event and I appreciate the inclusion of TT National classes.
            Mark K
            1989 BMW 325i
            1990 BMW 325i
            2013 BMW 135i

Comment

I have sent a message to Steve C - kinda the first test of the new National classes. We will fix it and get you in TTC.
              Mark Rothermel
              SEDIV Time Trial Safety

Comment

Thank you very much Mark!
                Mark K
                1989 BMW 325i
                1990 BMW 325i
                2013 BMW 135i

Comment

OK Steve has corrected the classe so retry please.
                  Mark Rothermel
                  SEDIV Time Trial Safety

Comment

Registered!
                    Mark K
                    1989 BMW 325i
                    1990 BMW 325i
                    2013 BMW 135i

Comment

Now we need about 15 moar please
                      Mark Rothermel
                      SEDIV Time Trial Safety

Comment

Thank you to everyone who put this event on. Had a great time! It was nice seeing familiar faces and catching up with everyone.
                        Mark K
                        1989 BMW 325i
                        1990 BMW 325i
                        2013 BMW 135i

Comment

Working...
                        X