Barber 2020 Time Trial Info seek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barber 2020 Time Trial Info seek

Working with ALSCCA we are considering having a Time Trial Safety Level 1 portion added to the Barber Road Race on August 29 and 30, 2020
    What this means is there are 3 groups to the TT sessions Group 1 and 2 are road race legal with group 1 being full fendered and group 2 being open wheel open passing. Group 3 is being considered Safety Level 1 Time Trial - what does that mean?
    Go to https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/safety for some explanation (I assume they want you to wear pants).
    For classing look here https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/classmycar
    This will be a timed event and car numbers will be necessary as well as transponders
    - we will look at point by passing on straights only with Group 3 with no rr legal cars in that group. There would be 3 sessions of those groups on Saturday and 2 on Sunday (tentatively scheduled).
    We are looking into a price for 2 day and 1 day
    I am wanting to see interest - plain and simple - to try and get Time Trial back in the neighborhood.
    Mark Rothermel
    SEDIV Time Trial Safety
    Tennessee Valley Region beat dahn old guy

Cross posted to ALSCCA Facebook page
    John W8
    CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

I like the idea. Was thinking I might drag out an endurance car for the Barber TT but this option would mean I can just bring my autocross car. I have to think we would likely sell out that group.
      Rod H
      Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

With this being the first year to do the TTN classes at Barber and the already tight SARRC/TT schedule, the TTN group will have to be limited to somewhere between the SCCA legal maximum (25 cars per mile) and a level that allows for a fair amount of free track space. In the past, we have only had 15-20 TT drivers attend the Barber TT. The predominance of TT entries were the Road Racers looking for the extra practice time. If there is an overwhelming response from the TTN drivers, we may be able to adjust the schedule.
        Craig Farr
        Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

I'm in. Just tell me where to go. I'll be bringing it up at the wiregrass AX's and HPDE's to drum up interest.
          Last edited by bjinright; 02-21-2020, 11:34 AM.
          06 MX-5 CS grey #9
          STRAWHAT RACING

Comment

As echoed in the TAC thread about the same subject, as long as pricing didn't kill me, I'd enter my autocross/HPDE car.
            2001 Green Miata
            2007 Black Miata
            29 XSB
            I part out Miatas @ theMiataFix.com

Comment

Keep in mind we don't have the help from sponsors for a "National TT" event and we have the usual Barber rent and the fee's for SCCA sanction and insurance, workers blah blah - so how does $300 for the weekend sound (not official but we are close)? Time Trial 2 day
              Mark Rothermel
              SEDIV Time Trial Safety

Comment

Our pricing for the TT sessions is historically less expensive than a Barber track weekend. I wouldn't stress over it too much Mark.
                Rod H
                Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

I'm also interested.

Are there any other SEDIV races which will not include safety level 1?
                  Last edited by e30Racer; 02-29-2020, 09:02 PM.
                  Mark K
                  1989 BMW 325i
                  1990 BMW 325i
                  2013 BMW 135i

Comment

Probably the Hillclimb in Robbinsville NC is the only one I know of regarding higher safety regs.
                    National events are May 8-9 at Road Atlanta and May 23-24 at CMP plus the one at NCM Sept 24-27 which I believe all are Level 1. There are other regional TT's at Sebring, CMS and Daytona but unsure of level.
                    Mark Rothermel
                    SEDIV Time Trial Safety

Comment

Originally posted by FVee90 View Post
                      Keep in mind we don't have the help from sponsors for a "National TT" event and we have the usual Barber rent and the fee's for SCCA sanction and insurance, workers blah blah - so how does $300 for the weekend sound (not official but we are close)? Time Trial 2 day
                      $300+a transponder rental sounds well within range.
                      2001 Green Miata
                      2007 Black Miata
                      29 XSB
                      I part out Miatas @ theMiataFix.com

Comment

Working...
                      X