2019 SEDIV TT Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 SEDIV TT Program

There are changes coming to the SEDIV TT program in 2019.

First is that the SEDIV TT Committee has voted to add the TT National car classes as eligible for the SEDIV TT Championship. The current SEDIV TT car classes will remain viable.

The Committee is discussing how to run the TT events. Choices are to run the TTN and SEDIV cars in separate run groups of run them together either grouping cars by performance or by driver experience. A vote by the Committee has been requested NLT Dec 1st.

Your SEDIV TT Committee representative in this discussion is Delanie Calhoun. If any of you TT drivers have any thoughts on the new formats, please contact Delanie and let him know what you think. Getting a sense of what Alabama Region wants is important.
    Craig Farr
    Stohr WF1 P2

How are TTN drivers scored for “championships”? Open track times or the point to pint times?
    John W8
    CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Originally posted by JohnW8 View Post
      How are TTN drivers scored for “championships”? Open track times or the point to point times?
      Doesn't look like they've discussed running the national point-to-point format, just allowing the classes to be run.
      Chuck Schultz
      Another black(ish) Miata
      2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit

http://csgoodphotos.com or http://art.csgoodphotos.com

Comment

Originally posted by chuck schultz View Post
        Doesn't look like they've discussed running the national point-to-point format, just allowing the classes to be run.
        The format seems to be flexible so point-to-point may not be a requirement at any given event.

Please note: Delanie has served well and now stepped down as our TT Chair. If anyone has any feedback on the 2019 proposal please post here or email me at re@alscca.net.

Most importantly, there will be no ALSCCA Time Trial events going forward without someone stepping up to be TT Chair. If someone is willing please email me.
        Rod H
        Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

There are a lot of difficult issues to work out in this melding of TTN and SEDIV TT. This is made even more difficult since the TTN rules are in a constant state of change and will probably continue to do so ala TNIA. Shane is trying to work it all out.

He is hampered by the lack of a real and energetic SEDIV TT Committee. The two most experienced members, Tony Ewing and Delanie Calhoun, have decided to step away from TT. TVR and Alabama Regions have not yet found anybody to replace them. The current REs are covering the gap which is noteworthy but unsatisfactory for the long run.

If TVR and Alabama members want SEDIV TT to continue, someone needs to step up. Shane needs more than just Committee members. He needs people willing to research, willing to put in the time to author new rules, and willing to put in the time to think long and hard about these difficult issues.

In the past, TT leaders from TVR and Alabama have accomplished a lot and have been the backbone of the SEDIV TT Program. You know who they are. It is time for new TT leaders to step up and be counted. Failing that, SEDIV TT may die out.
          Craig Farr
          Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

North American Time Attack Council

Just saw on Racer.com the above has been formed by Grid Life, Time Attack and SCCA. To what effect or why??? Just a heads up.
            Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by MWenning View Post
              Just saw on Racer.com the above has been formed by Grid Life, Time Attack and SCCA. To what effect or why??? Just a heads up.
              Gramps
              There is also an announcement on scca.com. Looks like it's just a work in progress at this point. Agreement to work together regarding TT type events. Nothing on rules or joint events so far.
              Rod H

Comment

And now, SCCA has signed a 10 year agreement with NCM for TT. There goes any chance of doing the September National event at any other track.
                Craig Farr
                Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

Originally posted by farrout View Post
                  And now, SCCA has signed a 10 year agreement with NCM for TT. There goes any chance of doing the September National event at any other track.
                  For our location in the Southeast I don't mind that at all. It lets you plan to be at the same place every year, like Solo Nationals which I'm sure it's modeled after. Site rotation like Runoffs just means that every other year you alienate a bunch of people. NCM seems to be a good location within range of the largest number of participants.

Sucks for west coast folks though, but if you stick it in the middle of the country I doubt you draw much of anyone.
                  Rod H

Comment

There are a lot of difficult issues to work out in this melding of TTN and SEDIV TT. This is made even more difficult since the TTN rules are in a constant state of change and will probably continue to do so ala TNIA. Shane is trying to work it all out.

He is hampered by the lack of a real and energetic SEDIV TT Committee. The two most experienced members, Tony Ewing and Delanie Calhoun, have decided to step away from TT. TVR and Alabama Regions have not yet found anybody to replace them. The current REs are covering the gap which is noteworthy but unsatisfactory for the long run.

If TVR and Alabama members want SEDIV TT to continue, someone needs to step up. Shane needs more than just Committee members. He needs people willing to research, willing to put in the time to author new rules, and willing to put in the time to think long and hard about these difficult issues.

In the past, TT leaders from TVR and Alabama have accomplished a lot and have been the backbone of the SEDIV TT Program. You know who they are. It is time for new TT leaders to step up and be counted. Failing that, SEDIV TT may die out.
                    I'd love to help with the Time Trials program (just applied for my Novice permit), but I have no experience whatsoever. Probably not your first choice, but I'm super enthusiastic!
                    Ritamarie Thomason - 13 DSP
                    1996 Mazda Miata (white/red)

Comment

Originally posted by bamamedic View Post
                      I'd love to help with the Time Trials program (just applied for my Novice permit), but I have no experience whatsoever. Probably not your first choice, but I'm super enthusiastic!
                      It would be great to have you on board Ritamarie and there are plenty of roles where you can build experience. Email me at re@alscca.net and I can bring you up to speed regarding TT 2019.
                      Rod H

Comment

Originally posted by bamamedic View Post
                        Thank you! Willingness to help is the first and most essential part. There are many jobs needed when putting on a TT event -- some that start months/weeks before the event itself. Other jobs get done mostly during the weekend. Alabama and TVR have shared the TT events for many years. There is a wealth of experience to draw from in both Regions.

One of the best things about TT is that you can do the Admin jobs and still race in every session. Registration, Race Admin, Safety Steward, Scrutineer, even T&S and Chief Steward, can be done by drivers who are racing that weekend. Most of these take some sort of training and/or some technical knowledge. Half of the Race Admin work is reaching out to others in TVR/ALA and asking them to help their Club.

Thank you again!
                        Craig Farr
                        Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

Thank you! Willingness to help is the first and most essential part. There are many jobs needed when putting on a TT event -- some that start months/weeks before the event itself. Other jobs get done mostly during the weekend. Alabama and TVR have shared the TT events for many years. There is a wealth of experience to draw from in both Regions.

One of the best things about TT is that you can do the Admin jobs and still race in every session. Registration, Race Admin, Safety Steward, Scrutineer, even T&S and Chief Steward, can be done by drivers who are racing that weekend. Most of these take some sort of training and/or some technical knowledge. Half of the Race Admin work is reaching out to others in TVR/ALA and asking them to help their Club.

Thank you again!
                          Sweet! Well, I'm happy to help, just let me know! I've got a fairly flexible schedule with enough notice. And I don't mind training for a position.
                          Ritamarie Thomason - 13 DSP
                          1996 Mazda Miata (white/red)

Comment

Working...
                          X