New Time Trial Home Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Time Trial Home Page

Well I have been thinking about doing it for a long time, but over the past couple of days I finally decided to add some real content to the Time Trial section of our web site.

I invite everyone to take a look and see what you think. Nothing is etched in stone and we can change whatever we need to if someone has an objection to something. Additionally, if there is anything listed that I have wrong, by all means e-mail me and let me know.

Basically, I wanted to make it into a real resource for people that have no idea about what TT is to walk away with a good understanding of exactly what they need to do to be able to run in TT.

Let me know what you think!
    Vincent C.

That would be here - http://www.alscca.net/index.php/tt-link
    Chuck Schultz
    Another black(ish) Miata
    2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit

http://csgoodphotos.com or http://art.csgoodphotos.com

Comment

You also need to direct people to www.sedivtt.com

That is also informative and is the website for SEDIV Time Trials.

In your one section you concentrate on SU, but that is only one of 40+ classes.

ALso direct people where to find the TT Rules, etc on the SCCA website
      Craig Farr
      Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

I don't really think that promoting one TT class is appropriate. If there was a page for "popular classes" such as SU, CSP, etc. then that may help people, but again, popular classes are moving targets and every 5 years those classes could be different.

I like what you're trying to do bc classing is one of the biggest headaches for a new person to figure out. I think a page geared more towards classes in general is a good idea and if you wanted to highlight a couple you could.
        Mark K
        1989 BMW 325i
        1990 BMW 325i
        2013 BMW 135i

Comment

Mark, I like the idea of having a "Classes" tab and highlighting a few of the most popular classes. I had planned on adding other classes either way, but having them all in the same spot won't show any sort of favoritism.

As for a link to the SEDIV website, the first link on the first page takes you straight to the site. I will add additional links where appropriate.

I am probably guilty of assuming a certain audience when making the initial changes, and over time will try and make it a little more broad so that it will include all sorts of racers. The important thing now is that there won't be any question when it comes to the basics...like how to submit for your license and where to go for answers to questions along the way. The main SCCA website just doesn't have this level of detail, and I hope it will equate to larger numbers at Time Trial events going forward.

Stay tuned for more changes. Thanks everyone!
          Last edited by 87RX7RACER; 07-14-2014, 09:28 PM. Reason: Added something
          Vincent C.

Comment

Ok, I made some changes based on what everyone has mentioned. Discuss!
            Vincent C.

Comment

Minimum Car Safety Equipment
              ◾Minimum 4 point roll bar which meets GCR requirements
              ◾5 or 6 point safety harness installed per GCR
              ◾Fire extinguisher or other approved fire suppression system
              ◾Window net installed per GCR or arm restraints
              ◾SCCA Logbook (issued by Regional Scrutineer)

Some comments:
              GCR does not address roll bars but the TT/HC Rules do.

SCCA TT Logbook which is different than a RR Logbook. TT Logbook can be issued by a TT Tech Inspector Official which is a different license than a RR Scrutineer. A Regional Scrutineer cannot issue a RR Logbook (it takes a National Scrutineer)
              Craig Farr
              Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

Once you are a fully licensed TT driver, you will be able to compete at Level 4 events. For the Southeast Region, these cover any and all Hill Climb events, Road Atlanta Speedway, and Atlanta Motorsports Park. You will also want to check out the SEDIV Time Trial series championship rules which can be found here.

Some comments:
                SEDIV Level 4 events (Hill Climbs) have established a Novice program which allows TT Novice drivers to compete. Road Atlanta and AMP are not level 4 events, in fact, they are not even Level 3 events held there any longer.
                Craig Farr
                Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

5) Once you have your license, and a car with all of the correct safety gear-you will need a log book! You are issued one of these once your car is scrutinized by a division scrutineer.

Comment:
                  Same comment as above.
                  We will inspect a car before someone has a SCCA TT license.

As an aside, I would strongly suggest that someone from ALSCCA take the time to become a licensed TT Tech Inspector or a RR Scrutineer. Although you can get a "Regional" license upon request, it take time and experience to advance beyond that beginning level.
                  Craig Farr
                  Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

Just as you need a license to drive a road car, you will need a license to drive on the track. Here are a few things you must have to get started:
                    ◾State issued Drivers License

Comment:
                    Although a Drivers license is required by some Regions, let me point you to the 2014 TT/HC Rules:

Drivers should meet one of the following:
                     Those who hold a SCCA Time Trials Competition license, or
                     Those who hold a SCCA Time Trials Novice permit, or
                     Those who hold a SCCA Competition License (Novice or Full), or
                     Those who hold a racing license from a recognized motorsports organization.
                    Craig Farr
                    Stohr WF1 P2

Comment

probably need to update the information for BMP http://www.alscca.net/index.php/tt-locations
                      Ricky R
                      95 240sx with LS1 power. $4500 drivetrain in a $500 car
                      97 miata pretty much stock

Comment

Originally posted by zukitek View Post
                        probably need to update the information for BMP http://www.alscca.net/index.php/tt-locations
                        Fixed! Thanks Ricky.
                        Vincent C.

Comment

Also made more changes based on the listed suggestions.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Regards
                          Vincent C.

Comment

Working...
                          X