HELP!! Truck Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Truck Damage

I worked TGPR Saturday all day and Sunday morning. I got home Sunday and found a nice dent in the side of my 2 week old truck. Large dent (to me) above the rear tire and small dent where the Z71 decal is. Also there is a black mark behind the rear wheel. This is all on the passenger's side. I was parked in front of Rod all day Saturday and towards the end of the paddock towards the back door on sunday morning. I know Rod didn't do it or he would have told me, not a question, just stating where I parked. Sunday morning I parked beside Ron Richey's Silverado who drove the Red Volkswagen Karmannghia. Again NO finger pointing by any means. Just giving and idea of where I was parked so you know what truck I was in. I have already spoke to Craig Farr about the ordeal and he is sending emails out to drivers including the pics below. It is a white 2014 silverado extended cab Z71. New. I am posting in the hopes that someone may come forward like they did when Jerry had his air compressor ran over at autox once. Any insight into who may have done this or anything at all helping us out would be greatly appreciated. I can't point fingers at anyone since I just found it Sunday when I got home and was washing the truck. I'm positive it was not there before the race though and that is the only place I have been over the weekend. I waxed every inch Friday afternoon. PLEASE help if you can. It will be more appreciated than you could possibly imagine.

You can PM me to remain anonymous if you would like or contact me via email or phone patterson3250 @ gmail. com
    256-7one7-44five2

Heath Patterson
    "Look...both....It's like turbo." - C

Aww man... i hate to see that Heath. i didn't notice anything on saturday. it was so windy sunday... i wonder if it was caused by someone's improperly secured ezup or something.
    Rod H
    Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rodhx View Post
      Aww man... i hate to see that Heath. i didn't notice anything on saturday. it was so windy sunday... i wonder if it was caused by someone's improperly secured ezup or something.
      I'm not sure. I was towards the back door entrance to the paddock. There was only 1 ez-up over there if I remember correctly. Never even thought of that. Could be exactly what happened.
      Heath Patterson

Comment

We had someone's ezup blow into our e30 at an autocross. Ben said they watched it happen and never even said "sorry". Hopefully you won't have the same experience.
        Rod H
        Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

That's the thing that bothers me so bad. Can't imagine not owning up to something like that/this. Your idea fits the bill though. The damage is up high, not even the widest part of the fender so it looks like something came down on it. It's chest height on me, so hard to believe it was backed into. The black on the fender could be the black plastic parts of the "scissor" parts of the ez-up.
          Heath Patterson

Comment

Man, that sucks! Hope you get some answers.
            Casey Stallings
            caseystallings@live.com

It's all fun and games until someone loses an everything.

Comment

Photo says there was an ez-up beside the truck next to me Sunday.
              Heath Patterson

Comment

I hate that for you and understand what it's like. My truck has been backed into twice at work. Neither came forward. The first time I had a witness, the second time was the I had the pieces of their taillight in hand.

Hope someone comes forward.
                Steve Saunders
                '18 BMW M2
                BS 72

Comment

I almost threw up when I saw it. I'm 99.99% sure an ez up got away from someone Sunday and hit it based on the way the damage is, the wind Sunday morning and where I was parked. Mr Farr is working on getting it covered for me. Hopefully it's fixed soon though. Sucks. Bad.
                  Heath Patterson

Comment

Oh this makes me sick I hate to hear this Heath, beautiful truck. I was parked at the other end of the paddock, on the other side of the shack. When the wind picked up we had to add more weight to a couple of the easy ups around us. Craig has sent out an e-mail to the drivers, hopefully someone will step up. We really appreciate all of the hard work our volunteers do, we couldn't have this event or any of the others without y'all.

Comment

Easy-up damage

I had an easy-up erected at the north end of the paddock, between the 240Z race car and the Formula cars (my Red Focus). It was tethered to my trailer all weekend and did not go over at all. However, there was one a few spaces further down towards the classroom that did. I did not see it hit anything though.

Sorry not to be of more help...that stinks.

John Wade

Comment

That was Ricky Ragan's that went over, but it simply collapsed on itself. He had it tethered, and it caved in on itself. Ted Theodore & the Pannell's were probably closer to Heath's end of the paddock.

Comment

Thanks guys. There was only 1 ez up beside me on Sunday. I'm just not sure if it got away and managed to find my truck. It could have got away, hit the truck, then rolled 50 yards away and he never knew it hit it to begin with once he spotted it way down the paddock. I was just curious if anyone saw it happen. I can post a pic later when I'm home and show where I was.
                          Heath Patterson

Comment

It should buff out...don't sweat it Heater
                            Mark K
                            1989 BMW 325i
                            1990 BMW 325i
                            2013 BMW 135i

Comment

Here is the truck

I was on the other side of the red truck, drivers side. Pic must be from Sat when I wasn't parked there, but everything was arranged the same way Sunday. Parked in the same direction. This is towards the back door of the paddock. The red truck and car were the only vehicles/equipment on that side of me. This way everyone knows where I was parked. Just curious if anyone saw that blue ez up go for a tumble Sunday. Let me emphasize i'm NOT angry at anyone (unless of course it was known and left), but I like to think the best of someone until proven otherwise. So anyone catch a blue ez up Sunday and return it to this area? Or see one tumbling?

Last edited by HPEVOX; 04-21-2014, 04:42 PM.
                              Heath Patterson

Comment

Working...
                              X