Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points 2 2013 Proposed Map

Enjoy

I'm debating making the first slalom optional, and am willing to take suggestions on the finish/back 3/4's. This is a rough idea of what the course should look like. Plenty of room to stretch your legs for the faster cars, and plenty of places where a momentum car can take full advantage.

M. Cholewa

Because they heard I liked my name, so they put my name as my name so I could have my name in my name... all the time.

I was told to avoid crossovers like the plague since it limits the number of cars on course and increases the possibility of problems.
    John W8
    CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

I tried to make it as thoughtful as possible to allow 2 cars on course and not making the immediate area around the crossover spin friendly.
      M. Cholewa

Because they heard I liked my name, so they put my name as my name so I could have my name in my name... all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnW8 View Post
        I was told to avoid crossovers like the plague since it limits the number of cars on course and increases the possibility of problems.
        It causes problems for workers as well, they are a touch on the dangerous side IMHO.
        Darryl E.
        Blue Miata with ricer stickers.
        Wizzer Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by engled View Post
          It causes problems for workers as well, they are a touch on the dangerous side IMHO.
          So no crossover. I thought I made it it well enough that it's straight in and straight out to eliminate coneage, and once the car is clear they won't have to turn their back on anything (assuming there's a work station at that light pole) as the next car would be coming from the same field of view.

If it's no good I'll remake it with something else
          M. Cholewa

Comment

Man, if you are going to show up at oh:dark thirty you make the course anyway you want. My comment was just an observation.
            Darryl E.
            Blue Miata with ricer stickers.
            Wizzer Motorsports

Comment

We'll let a few more folks weigh in and see what the verdict is.
              M. Cholewa

Comment

Where are the finish lights? As shown, the finish could be a problem, depending on where the lights are.
                Chuck Schultz
                Another black(ish) Miata
                2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit

http://csgoodphotos.com or http://art.csgoodphotos.com

Comment

I think this proposal is Ok. In general, I feel crossovers are fine, as long as they don't add confusion. Cone clean up can be an issue, but this one is in and out quick (there isn't much of a delay), workers would need to wait to clean up any downed cones in the crossover section (but there should be a low cone count there).

When crossover is used to make a second loop (this does not), things can get iffy fast.
                  Last edited by jeallen; 03-29-2013, 03:47 PM.
                  John Allen 52BS
                  TVR/TAC/ALSCCA
                  People under 50 don't deserve to have this much fun! :-)
                  www.marketing-ontheweb.com

Comment

For what it's worth I like the idea and way it is laid out. In general you wouldn't let a 2nd car go until that point in the course (~1/2 way) so once the 1st car clears the crossover it is safe to start the 2nd car. If the 1st car does wipe out a lot of cones the starter holds the 2nd car. Plus, it's different!

Even better would be to reverse the direction in the afternoon to even out the tire wear!!
                    Last edited by MX5_Racer; 02-25-2014, 12:25 PM.
                    Andrew Reynolds
                    TVR Youth Steward
                    1994 Mazda Miata Turbo Black SSM #0 (Autox)
                    1999 Mazda Miata SC Greenish MR #0 (RallyX)

Comment

Originally posted by G_Racer View Post
                      For what it's worth I like the idea and way it is laid out. In general you wouldn't let a 2nd car go until that point in the course (~1/2 way) so once the 1st car clears the crossover it is safe to start the 2nd car. If the 1st car does wipe out a lot of cones the starter holds the 2nd car. Plus, it's different!

Even better would be to reverse the direction in the afternoon to even out the tire wear!!
                      Do note that this was posted just shy of one (1) year ago.

/threadcromancy
                      Nick Stone

Comment

LOL! I still like it!
                        Andrew Reynolds
                        TVR Youth Steward

Comment

Zombie thread!
                          Rod H
                          Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

I sorry...
                            Originally posted by rodhx View Post
                            Zombie thread!
                            Andrew Reynolds
                            TVR Youth Steward

Comment

I would like to revive this thread in hopes of re-creating this course in October. This course was by far my favorite in my limited autocross experience. I would also like to pitch the idea of a Nationals type competition where we run one way in the morning with 3 runs, then reverse it in the afternoon for 3 more runs, then the best 2 scores are added to determine the winner. Thoughts?
                              Last edited by SamC; 09-05-2014, 11:08 AM.
                              Sam Copeland
                              Nissan 350Z BSP 2
                              www.RedvsBlackRacing.com
                              www.facebook.com/RedvsBlackRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X