Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALSCCA Performance Driving Class

This thread will be updated as more information becomes available:

We are planning on putting on a performance driving class.

This class will offer two levels of instruction from green day 1 information to pertinent details that can win you SCCA National Event hardware.
    "An Introduction to Performance Driving" for people starting out new
    "Performance Driving, an Endless Study" for people who may be expereinced, yet still are looking to up their game

The class will likely have a cap of ~ 40 participants so we can have a more focused approach.

I'm gathering up a "curriculum" that will serve these levels in an appropiate manner. The format of this class will be to gather in a classroom environment on the Friday before we go onsite (July 19th tentatively planned) to go over any of the technical data and demonstrations that we'd like to show. The next day (Saturday July 20th tentatively planned) we'd like to go onto site and practice what we learned in the class environment and explore the knowledge that lies in anecdote. (Doing the thing!)

This event was post-poned form our April date as I would find it favorable to have more time to plan this event. If we are gonna do it at all, I want to do it right!

I'm looking for interest in the Performance Driving Class as well as some commitment from our fellow ALSCCA members for instruction to those who want to learn more about this sport.

INSTRUCTORS!

I will be in need of SEVERAL people interested in instructing. The instructor goal will be 10 instructors by May 31st:

1. Nick Lindsay

Of course, more instructors are welcome, but this would be the minimum I'd like to have for a focused approach for those interested.

If you're interested in volunteering, please chime in and comment below or contact me at alscca.solochair@gmail.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	ALSCCA Logo 2.jpg Views:	66 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	86988
    Last edited by nickrd10bk; 04-15-2024, 10:33 PM.
    Nick Lindsay
    16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
    06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
    22 Hyundai Veloster N (Sometimes)
    (Your car here?)

If at first you don't succeed, you probably put it in the ditch.

I’m definitely down to help. But I’d also love to learn. So maybe that’s an option.

Comment

I am also interested in this. I look forward to more updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin07 View Post
        I’m definitely down to help. But I’d also love to learn. So maybe that’s an option.
        Why not both?
        Nick Lindsay
        16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
        06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
        (Your car here?)

Comment

If you're interested, here is where you need to submit that interest to help, or learn!
          Nick Lindsay
          16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
          06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
          (Your car here?)

Comment

You can put me down to help in anyway that you think I can help. Be glad to help instruct to some of the newer guys. But wouldn’t mind learning some of the finer points as well.

For example tire pressures and dialing that in better.

How to better understand and analyze data.

In the classroom part, showing people where to find the class specs and what to look for to help them spec out the car for that class.

Comment

I agree with Justin: I really want to learn but I'm willing to help in any capacity that I'm able if it means making it happen. Hopefully you need some grunt work help because I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to instruct.

I want to learn more about visualizing the optimum line. How to steer without getting in my own way (what do I do with my hands.) Tire pressure is a good one. Trail braking and when/how to do it successfully. I'm not above any topics, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Ob1Jacobi View Post
                I agree with Justin: I really want to learn but I'm willing to help in any capacity that I'm able if it means making it happen. Hopefully you need some grunt work help because I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to instruct.

I want to learn more about visualizing the optimum line. How to steer without getting in my own way (what do I do with my hands.) Tire pressure is a good one. Trail braking and when/how to do it successfully. I'm not above any topics, really.
                I will need to get some folks to do some course setup. Not a full course, but mainly coning off certain areas for different areas of focus, like a skid pad, cone slaloms, decreasing, and increasing radius turns, etc.

Also, this feedback is really good. Thank you. I'm slowly gathering a curriculum on the things people will want to cover.
                Nick Lindsay
                16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
                06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
                (Your car here?)

Comment

I'm fine with helping also. Kinda like Justin, not much of a teacher but classroom knowledge is important before it is utilized on course. Seat time helps a lot.

Comment

I definitely interested in learning and will help anyway I can

Comment

I'm gonna start plugging this thing together.

Thanks for all the feedback!
                      Nick Lindsay
                      16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
                      06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
                      (Your car here?)

Comment

I couldn’t log in for some reason, but I’ll help instruct and whatever else is needed.
                        Johnny (Jay)

Comment

I definitely want to learn, and will help in any way I can.

Comment

Working...
                          X