X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Team Signup!

Solo Team!
    What is this Solo Team?

This is going to be where you can sign up to get more involved with our Solo events! Running a Solo event has many challenges that must be met, and it is quite a lot for one person to manage. In addition to splitting up some of the responsibilities of running an event with this committtee, this committee will be involved in decisions regarding the event format, rules, club equipment etc.

Currently, there are a handful of people that if they miss an event, the event is incredibly stressful to operate, and if enough people sit out, the event may not even happen. We need folks to get involved!

This is more about the extended success of the club!

We have several key areas that will need to be focused on at each event:

Safety: Safety first. We HAVE to have safety stewards for our events. Want to learn how to be one? Well, this is where you'd work with our Stewards to acquire your license, and get your SSS Shadows in. If you think we are doing things in an unsafe manner, or think you can improve things, get involved! This is also the place where you can discuss course design, and what makes a safe course.

Registration: The people who have motorsportreg access, and can help with people signing up, car classing questions etc.

Waiver: We really need to have a Chief Of Waivers. Somebody we can trust to manage the waivers at the events. Waivers is not a hard job, as we all sign the waivers; we just need somebody to make sure they are stocked, organized, and keep up with any changes that come with our waivers. You can even improve this process if you implement new methods, like Speedwaiver (which is a whole other issue.) If you want to work the Early Waiver job (get your work out of the way in the morning of the event) being the Chief of Waivers is going to be huge. We want to make sure waivers gets set up well and off to a good start in the morning.

Timing: Our timing equipment gets used EVERY event. This is hardware AND software related. Thru time, we have managed to come up with a method that has given us pretty good success. Timing is a large job at the event, and the more people we can get in the know the better. Upgrades to this software and hardware are something that will need to be managed by people who can give a bit of dedication to it.

Event Chair: You can be the person who makes sure the event runs smooth, and make any adjustments for weather, run numbers, time etc. As the same person may not always be available to stand in as event chair for EVERY event, this is something that I think could be beneficial for the club.

Safety:

Waiver:

Timing: Brett Ferrel

Event Chair:

Let me know what you would like to volunteer for!
    Last edited by nickrd10bk; 07-19-2023, 05:09 AM.
    Nick Lindsay
    16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
    06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
    22 Hyundai Veloster N (Sometimes)
    (Your car here?)

If at first you don't succeed, you probably put it in the ditch.

I'm in for Timing

Comment

Originally posted by Brett View Post
      I'm in for Timing
      Thanks for stepping up. We will talk this weekend more in detail about our timing setup.
      Nick Lindsay
      16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
      06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
      (Your car here?)

Comment

I'll throw my hat in to assist.
        www.alsoranracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by BradLTL View Post
          I'll throw my hat in to assist.
          I'll talk with you soon.
          Nick Lindsay
          16 Camaro SS FS3 (Sold)
          06 Corvette Z06 XAS12
          (Your car here?)

Comment

Working...
          X