Update on the RallyCross site/season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the RallyCross site/season

Everyone, I'd like to apologize for my lack of communication around the current RallyCross season. I could tell you the reasons why, but it doesn't matter. I should have posted something weeks ago.

The situation we've found ourselves in is that the August and September events had to be cancelled due to issue with the site at Beaver Creek Off Road Park.

In August the site was in the middle of construction of a new stage/pavilion area that is in the area where we prefer to race. With construction going on, we could not hold an event. In September I arrived at the site the day of the event to find excessive rutting in this same area as a result of a large truck race event help the month before. Give the weather at the event and the turnout, the vehicles parking in the area left large ruts that left the area unusable going forward.

In October I just didn't plan to have an event and didn't tell anyone. That's poor ownership of the program, and I'm sorry about that.

Beaver Creek has lots of land and want us to race there. Sadly, most of it is not suited for our type of events. I've spoken with the owner and we've discussed options for making things work. However, the fact is that they do not currently have the equipment to maintain an area for our use. As we bring in minimum income to the facility, there isn't much we can do about this, short of finding tractors/loaders to lend them for cleanup and surface repair.

So, with this in mind and with lots of personal things going on, I decided that we should look for another site. I've got some ideas but have not been able to move forward with any of them yet.

I'd love to have a full RallyCross season in 2016, but it depends on many factors. Most of which is the availability of a site ... either Beaver Creek with a suitable surface, or another location all together.

I am aware that the RallyCross program has seen its share of issues over the years, and the cancellation of multiple events this season does nothing but drive potential, and veteran, participants away. I hope that you all will consider giving it another shot in 2016.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I haven't been on the forum much recently, but I'm going to try to do better with that. Thanks for sticking with us.
    Matt W.
    18 SM - Lancer Evolution MR
    15 MR - Volkswagen Beetle
    Sponsors: Satellite Racing - Defined Performance

Are there going to be any events in 2016?
    Tanner Powell

Comment

2017 Rallycross?

I'm just wondering if about plans for Rallycross this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 92TalonTSi View Post
        I'm just wondering if about plans for Rallycross this year.
        We are still searching for a suitable site to hold events. If you have any leads, please let us know!
        Nick Stone

Comment

Working...
        X