PCA HPDE at Barber, October 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCA HPDE at Barber, October 3-4

Alabama PCA just picked up another weekend at Barber. We will have 4 run groups, so plenty of track time. Registration can be found on clubregistration.net
    Tim Nagy
    944 LS :-)

I may be just simply overlooking it but is there a PCA rule book or list of rules/regulations that I could review to prepare my car for one of their events?
    Brandon Roberts
    Lotus Seven replica - Yamaha R1, book chasis
    Lola T-640/644 - GSXR 1000
    Extreme Kart - Briggs & Stratton World Formula
    Birel B25 - Comer C-51

Comment

Maybe I'm just slow but I've never been able to figure out how to find events on the clubregistration.net

I just went there, searched for alabama pca and got a bunch of pca club events everywhere but in alabama. Is there another way to search? Do you have event dates?
      - Jerry Ledford
      '16 Ram 2500 Big Horn - daily driver / tow vehicle

Comment

I find the site difficult to use as well. Also there is different information on http://ala.pca.org/events.html. the Oct 3-4 event doesn't even appear on their site.
        Brandon Roberts
        Birel B25 - Comer C-51

Comment

I searched for Barber instead of Alabama PCA on clubregistration.net and found it:

https://clubregistration.net/events/...?event_id=6874

Hopefully that link will take you straight there if you've created an account on their site and are logged in to it. I think that's kind of cheesy as well, can't see the events unless you create an account.
          - Jerry Ledford

Comment

Also on your rules question I at least found a tech sheet:

https://clubregistration.net/club_ad...inspection.pdf
            - Jerry Ledford

Comment

thanks for the link to the PDF thats what I needed, they also have additional rules on pca.org that are not an included on the checklist in the PDF. I have sent them images of my car so they can have the national office approve it. however it looks as though I won't get to participate in this event, I'm trying to get everything sorted for future events
              Brandon Roberts
              Birel B25 - Comer C-51

Comment

Brandon, I'm guessing the PCA may have a restriction on open cars?? Your car is likely okay for our PDX in October at TGPR. There are a couple of Lotus & Lotus-type cars that normally run the Time Trial, so I'm sure folks here on the board can let you know for sure.
                Rod H
                Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rodhx View Post
                  Brandon, I'm guessing the PCA may have a restriction on open cars?? Your car is likely okay for our PDX in October at TGPR. There are a couple of Lotus & Lotus-type cars that normally run the Time Trial, so I'm sure folks here on the board can let you know for sure.
                  Thanks for chiming in with that information and yes you are correct about the pca and open cars. I've gotten approval to run provided I change my front fenders so that they are attached to the body and not the control arm.
                  Brandon Roberts
                  Birel B25 - Comer C-51

Comment

Sorry, posted this and then never came back.

We just got this date about 1 month ago, another group cancelled, so it is not on our website.

Minimum DE standards can be found at https://www.pca.org/driver-education-minimum-standards

We do not allow open wheel cars. Brandon's car is legal as long as the fenders are attached to the body of the car.

I agree with clubreg issues.

If you have any further questions, please email me at 9sixty8 AT gmail dot com.

We knew that we would have trouble filling on short notice, but we really want this date in the future. The turnout may be low, so if you want quality track time, come on out.
                    Tim Nagy
                    944 LS :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X