Feb 15-16, Roebling Road Raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb 15-16, Roebling Road Raceway

I found this in my email, this morning. This has always been an interesting event, made even more fun by the SVRA folks filling up the weekend with more entries:

Ladies and gentlemen; we are in desperate need of workers for our Buccaneer Region, SCCA Drivers' School and SVRA event Feb 15 and 16, at Roebling Road Raceway, and the greatest need is for F&C personnel, but we also need workers in other specialties, as well. For F&C, we have a total of 9 flag waivers, and we have 7 turns to man. That means we are short 5 flaggers, which would be a "skeleton" crew at best.At least 2 turns should have 3 people, giving us a shortfall of 7 flaggers. Online registration closes in two days at midnight, Monday, February 10th. This has always been a great event, especially when one factors in SVRA, with some damn cool cars! This is also a great time to have novice flaggers come out and "learn the ropes". It's not only a Drivers' School, but it's also a great Workers' School. The students will be exposed to all situations, including practice drills, which necessitates the use af every flag in our arsenal, so new flaggers will also learn, with an experienced flagger on each turn to mentor them. Oh...yeah...there are also "perks". Workers will receive $50 per day worked as a stipend to defray expenses. There is also a social on Sat. Eve., after the track goes "cold", with both adult and other beverages, and a meal, which is normally sponsored by SVRA. You won't be disappointed! We usually have live music as well. Workers will also have free camping for both RV's and Tents, along with electrical hookups. For those of you who don't mind "roughing it", there is also a heated and air conditioned trailer if you have a sleeping bag and cot or matt to snuggle up in, with bathroom facilities. There are also two separate buildings with clean showers. For those of you receiving this email, please talk to your friends and neighbors and ask them to join you at the track. You will be doing them a favor, and they will be "hooked"! You will also be doing me a favor, as I can back off on some of my heart medications! I can assure each and everyone of you that you will be welcomed with open arms! Please sign up as soon as possible so I can breathe normaly and forego my anxieties! I look forward to seeing you next weekend! For any questions or concerns, please contact me via this email, or at the phone number listed below.

Larry Joseph Morgan
    Flag Chief, Buccaneer Region, SCCA
    386-334-8966
    Chuck Schultz
    Another black(ish) Miata
    2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit

http://csgoodphotos.com or http://art.csgoodphotos.com
Working...
X