Dec 2017 Chumpcar @ Barber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec 2017 Chumpcar @ Barber

My team & I braved the snow & the cold for the Chumpcar race at Barber on December 9-10. This was the second outing for 2008 Accord Coupe. We had some issues Saturday that put us at the back of the pack. The worst was a slower car that moved over on Mark and he ended up against the foam barriers along the armco near Station 4. We were behind the wall for most of two hours checking out the front suspension and adjusting the car's alignment.

I got tapped to start the Sunday race...my first time to be in a car at the start. Gotta say that stint was the most fun I've ever had on a racetrack. We started 29th and I worked it up to 6th before pitting in 7th. This video is the first ~15 minutes of that Sunday run. We stopped for fuel prior to the quiet hour and discovered the front brakes were almost gone. The guys got the rotors and pads changed just before the race went to parc ferme conditions but the extra 30 minutes behind the wall looks to have cost us a potential class win and top 5 overall.

Big thanks to ALSCCA's Delanie Calhoun & Manuel Mota for answering my desperate plea for help and coming out on Saturday to help with pit crew duties. Work had called two of our guys away and we would have been up the creek without you guys. Thanks!
    Rod H
    Bringing a knife to a gun fight.
Working...
X